Does anyone else always have half a bag of buckwheat flour in the cupboard, or is it just me?! This recipe is not vegan – but pretty sure you could use flax eggs and non-dairy chocolate – when I make it, this is what I will be doing.
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 MUFFINS)
- 225g buckwheat flour.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- 1 ripe banana.
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped.
- 1 & ½ tsp. baking powder.
- 150ml coconut or almond milk.
- 100g 70-85% dark chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a large bowl.
- Then add the buckwheat flour, eggs, cinnamon, baking powder, milk, apple, and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tin or use muffin cases and evenly fill 12 moulds with the batter.
- Place/drop some chocolate on the top of each muffin Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool before serving and enjoying!